In the wake of the launch of Herself.com, which went live on January 10th, over 3000 women have emailed to participate in the project. What an extraordinary response! It’s time to take Herself on the road and make sure each and every woman gets to share her story. Thank you all for your support!
Caitlin published a new addition to the site today. Her name is Aniela. Click the photo below to be directed to her interview.
The international press has been quite good to Herself following the launch. Here are is a small round-up of articles featuring the site:
Thank you, thank you, thank you. xo
The launch of Herself.com last Saturday night was a great success thanks to all the beautiful people who came out to support the project. The site has already crashed a couple of times due to overwhelming traffic. Caitlin Stasey and I are pleased to report we officially “broke the internet.” With such a positive beginning we are hopeful that Herself will become an empowering movement. Oyster Magazine and Buzzfeed have already reported the launch of the site with a couple of telling articles. We are excited to move forward showcasing ever more women and their stories. xo
Photos by Dave Gillespie // Shot at the Clint Roenisch Gallery
The alluring pin-up Bridgette Jean, true to the weather these days, posed as our smoking hot Ms. July. That caption is cheeky, isn’t it! Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the calendar available in just a fews short months at KingpinChic.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage.
Model Stephanie Lyons of Orange Model Management posed as our playful muse for the June edition of the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar. Doesn’t she look like a young Nicole Kidman? She is up in the window of Cabaret Vintage on Queen West now if you’d like a closer look. Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the 2014 calendar available this Fall.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage.
Teisha Evanson of NEXT is on fire in BB2013, a recent editorial I shot with my awesome team. We hope you love it. See below for shopping details. x
• Jacflash – http://jacflash.net/
• Cocoa Jewelry – http://cocoajewelry.com/
• Lotus Leaf Communications INC. – http://lotusleaf.ca/
• Triple Fly Society – http://www.triplelsociety.com/
• Untitled and Co. – http://untitledcotoronto.bigcartel.com/
• Cara Cheung – http://www.caracheung.com/
• The Store on Queen (TSOQ) – https://www.facebook.com/TheStoreOnQueen
• H&M – http://www.hm.com
• SSUR – http://www.ssurempirestate.com/
• Top Shop – http:///www.topshop.com
• 69 Vintage – http://69vintage.com/
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
4) Hot Girl Boudoir Photography Service: An Interview. It was a real treat to be interviewed for an article on my boudoir photography by Patti the Precocious Guru for entertainment website Mommy’s Dirty Little Secret. We really got down to the nitty gritty underbelly of an interesting line of work.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
9) Thanks to all my Boudoir Clients.I feel very lucky to be in this line of work. Keep it coming, ladies! I love you all. xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
***** I especially want to thank my team for doing such awesome work this year and continuing to be up for any challenge. Bronwen Weiderick, Megan Ann Wilson & Amber Fairlie I couldn’t do it without you. *****
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!
Shot on location at the Argyle Lofts.
*Special thanks to I Miss You Vintage.