Happy Holidays from Northbound Leather! We are having a big sale in the days leading up to Christmas to ensure that everyone gets their stocking stuffed. Peruse our holiday-themed leather lingerie fashion editorial featuring Rob Manuel and Chanele for gift ideas.
Rob is a faithful customer of NBL and we adore him for it. Wrapped over his bulging muscles our pieces look good enough to eat. You can catch Rob in action every Friday night on stage at Remington’s. He told us he would love it if you came.
Chanele is a nineteen-year-old dream. She is a student of broadcast journalism at Ryerson who models on the side. Her Latitia Casta face and Rapunzel hair are enviable tokens of beauty. Chanele is single, open-minded and always up for a party. She certainly got us into the holiday spirit!
Today through December 8th one of my favourite clients, Canadian fashion label Kania Couture, will have a pop-up shop at The One of a Kind Show at the Direct Energy Centre/Exhibition Place in Toronto. Come by and see the booth outfitted in the campaign I shot and hang out with me! Oh, and get all your holiday shopping done in one place! xo
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
1) Ode to Americana. This fifteen page editorial broke the popularity record this year with 1,010 unique visitors to this blog on April 2 after being published by Complex Magazine.
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
I set out to emulate the photographs of my idol Helmut Newton with the aid of Tania Martins’ immaculate designs for her line Pink Cobra. CONTRA Magazine published the final spread.
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!