Amazonian webcam vixen Skyler Heisenberg posed as Ms. August for Kingpin Chic’s 2014 Pin-Up Calendar. Donning only a cream, silk opera scarf the caption reads, “Oh Darling, it’s just the right size to keep a girl from catching a cold.” She’s up in the window of Caberet Vintage for the whole month. Be sure to pick up your copy of the r-rated version of the calendar featuring all the unreleased, fully nude alternatives to the teasers we’ve been posting. It’ll be sure to get your blood flowing. xo
The alluring pin-up Bridgette Jean, true to the weather these days, posed as our smoking hot Ms. July. That caption is cheeky, isn’t it! Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the calendar available in just a fews short months at KingpinChic.
Model Stephanie Lyons of Orange Model Management posed as our playful muse for the June edition of the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar. Doesn’t she look like a young Nicole Kidman? She is up in the window of Cabaret Vintage on Queen West now if you’d like a closer look. Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the 2014 calendar available this Fall.
Dorothy called me up a few months back looking for a boudoir shoot. We set the date and made some real photo magic. Dorothy was a natural model and I fell in love with her fierce yet innocent attitude, sharp cheekbones and unreal proportions. I added her to my model roster and Kingpin Chic hired her to pose for their calendar as Ms. May! It is simply the best when that happens. The photo pictured here is an excerpt from the shoot that was too good to be left unseen. So here she is and the real thing is yet to come. Look out for her May 1st. Enjoy!
Presenting the alluring Misha Highstead in April Showers for the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar! The caption reads, “Thought I better dress this way in case I got wet!” Saucy minx. Thanks again to the awesome team: Amber Fairlie from The Manor Salon on hair, Bronwen Weiderick on Make-Up and Jonathan Hagey styling. Look out for Misha exposed in the R-rated calendar version coming October 2013. xx
Introducing the Vargas-inspired marvelous Ms. March! She’s up in the window at Cabaret Vintage if you’d like to take a closer look. The caption reads, “Believe me, cleaning this mess is the last thing on my mind.” If you’d like to see what’s behind that feather duster pick up a copy of the R-rated calendar this coming October. Great thanks to Kingpin Chic for styling, Bronwen Weiderick for her magical make-up and Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon for those perfect victory rolls. And of course, to our exceptional model Lilly Victoria.
Introducing the luscious Ms. February! She will be up in the window at Cabaret Vintage within hours. The caption reads “What I am wearing? Let me paint you a picture.” The R-rated version of this Vargas inspired pin-up calendar will be for sale come October 2013. Thanks to Bronwen Weiderick, Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon and Jonathan Hagey of Kingpin Chic for being such a great team to work with. And of course, our delightful model Emily H.
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
1) Ode to Americana. This fifteen page editorial broke the popularity record this year with 1,010 unique visitors to this blog on April 2 after being published by Complex Magazine.
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
I set out to emulate the photographs of my idol Helmut Newton with the aid of Tania Martins’ immaculate designs for her line Pink Cobra. CONTRA Magazine published the final spread.
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!