In a celebration of 30 years in print featuring sophisticated and sexy fetish fashion, Skin Two Magazine is publishing a coffee table book called “Skin Two Fetish Fashion – the definitive album of fetish fashion.” Tim Woodward, the magazine’s editor, has curated a collection of the most iconic images published in the magazine over the years and I am honored to have two of my images for Northbound Leather included. You can take a peek at them above. The shots are from a catalogue shoot I did for Northbound Leather back in 2013. I have included the rest of the shoot below for your viewing pleasure.
The results of my two photoshoots with magnificent soprano Ambur Braid are at long last published on Braid’s shiny new website amburbraid.com. Head over to the site to experience the unique blend of talent, class, seduction, and humour that make up the backbone of this wonderful performer. Braid is currently embodying the role of Queen of the Night in the English National Opera’s run of The Magic Flute. I eagerly await her return to this side of the pond for a well-deserved bottle of champagne to celebrate her suave new site. xo
Sometimes it’s worth looking back through the archive with a fresh eye and revamping an old shoot. We shot Glamorama back in May of 2011 for TNT featuring dresses by Herve Leger & DVF and it is still one of my favourite fashion shoots. These are two previously unpublished photos that didn’t make the cut back then but are certainly popping now. Our model Natalie Sirianni has one of the best faces I have ever had the pleasure to lay eyes on. A gift that keeps on giving you could say. xo
Hair by Amber Fairlie // Make-up by Bronwen Weiderick // Styled by Chloe Wilson
Shot at the Gladstone Hotel in Toronto.
My team and I did a creative for TNT back in 2011 featuring the S/S2011 designs of Herve Leger and DVF. The lovely folks at Fashion Served are featuring the editorial starring supermodel Natalie Sirianni. Check it out! xo
Shot on location at the Gladstone Hotel.
Happy New Year pals!!! 2013 has made a bonafide hustler out of me. Working full-time as a freelance photographer has been the most challenging and most exhilarating experience of my life thus far and I don’t expect it to get any easier as the business grows. I am very proud and grateful to be embarking upon year three. There is still so much to learn and there is a lot to look forward to. As we settle into the eve of 2013 here are the top ten highlights of Dailytoole this year:
1) Northbound Leather CatalogueThe beautiful people behind Northbound Leather have been a total delight to work with this year. In addition to the monthly fashion features I shot for the brand, I also art directed and shot their 2014 catalogue. With nine amazing models, the best beauty team in town, the help of some family and friends we made a sophisticated and sexy catalogue for the brand that I think is my best work to date. I am very much looking forward to working more in-depth with Northbound in 2014 and taking the brand to new and exciting places.
2) Soho House Toronto ResidencyMy photographer’s residence at Soho House Toronto took me to some very interesting events this year. There were a handful of vibrant parties, a feature on sister design team Beaufille, author readings, culinary experiences, rooftop markets and more. The event that really took the cake at the house this year though was their life drawing evening. The soft, directional lighting, supple models, intent participants and flowing wine turned the main floor into a Baroque painting. It was a luscious feast for the senses. The house has had an amazing first year in the city and I expect it will only become more of an influential space for creative minds as it evolves.
3) PARISGoing to Paris on a work assignment was definitely a high priority on my bucket list and, thanks to a high-end travel and event photography client, I got to cross it off my list this year. The job took me to Paris, Champagne and Versailles. I had the incredible privilege of exploring the Louvre after hours and spent a good fifteen minutes alone with the Mona Lisa. Dreams really do come true! Here’s to 2014 bringing more travel & event photography opportunities like this unforgettable experience.
4) David Bowie AGO Exhibit OpeningThe lovely folks at Arthouse had me out to cover the AGO opening of the incredible David Bowie Exhibit and the subsequent after party at The Templar Hotel. It was a star-studded event with Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust era photographer Mick Rock in attendance, and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield performing a moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity. It was an evening of Toronto at it’s best and I was thrilled to play my paparazzi part.
5) MTCKMTCK were the first ever to hire me as a photographer back in 2010. It gives me great pleasure that as my business has grown their music is reaching an ever widening audience. We shot this series for their new album art at The Drake Hotel. It is one of my most favourite shoots to date.
6) Kania F/W2014Kania Couture has been a loyal client of mine for quite a few years now. We featured Asia V. as the face of the F/W2014 line which we shot in Toronto’s Distillery District. Stacey, Kania’s incredible designer, is such a delight to work with. I love to see young, entrepreneurial women achieving such high levels of success. Keep up the great work!
7) L’Oreal Colour Trophy Competition w. The Manor SalonWith Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon at the reigns, Bronwen Weiderick on make-up and myself behind the lens we put forward our best hair look modelled by the ever ethereal Natalie Sirianni for the L’Oreal Colour Competition. We were very proud to represent the smallest salon to make it to the semi-finals. Let’s go for the win next year!
8) Fashion Series FeatureFashion Series did a feature article on my fashion photography in their aSymmetry issue this year. It is always flattering to have a publication take an interest your work. The interview was published alongside my fashion editorial entitled “Arinna Rises,” modelled by Kadri Hansen, styled by Megan Ann Wilson with hair and make-up by Bronwen Weiderick.
9) L.A.This year I finally broke the border barrier and worked for the first time in the states. The American Film Market had me down to L.A. to shoot a couple of red carpet events. A lot of doors opened up on that reconnaissance mission and I hope to work there a lot more in 2014.
10) www.jennifertoole.comIt has been a bit of a process honing my own personal style of photography and figuring out how to best put my work forward. It is all most certainly still a work in progress, but the newest version of www.jennifertoole.com is headed in the right direction. I am aiming to focus on fashion, event and portrait photography in 2014. Please take a look at the new site and let me know what you think.
Moving into 2014 I have a few projects on the rise. I am extremely excited to continue working with Northbound Leather. There is a larger artistic project in development that I am hoping to put on my fourth photography show with. Stay tuned for more info on that in the coming months. My team and I are also in the midst of planning a creative for submission to Vogue Italia which is an unparalleled opportunity. All in all, 2014 is looking like the best yet. Happy New Years everybody!
P.S. Special thanks to my make-up artist and right-hand babe in most shoots, Bronwen Weiderick. She is simply the best. xo
P.P.S. On a side note, I starred in the Mooseknuckle F/W2013 campaign commercial by the awesome production team at 1188 Films. Check it out!
Happy Holidays from Northbound Leather! We are having a big sale in the days leading up to Christmas to ensure that everyone gets their stocking stuffed. Peruse our holiday-themed leather lingerie fashion editorial featuring Rob Manuel and Chanele for gift ideas.
Rob is a faithful customer of NBL and we adore him for it. Wrapped over his bulging muscles our pieces look good enough to eat. You can catch Rob in action every Friday night on stage at Remington’s. He told us he would love it if you came.
Chanele is a nineteen-year-old dream. She is a student of broadcast journalism at Ryerson who models on the side. Her Latitia Casta face and Rapunzel hair are enviable tokens of beauty. Chanele is single, open-minded and always up for a party. She certainly got us into the holiday spirit!
All items pictured are available at Northbound’s Yonge Street store. Drop by the shop and stock up for the season.
Make-up & Hair by Bronwen Weiderick.
I took our featured Northbound models, artist Adam Brooks and cinematographer Natalie Sirianni, deep into the woods for our July shoot. We played with ideas of daydreams and nightmares in the lush foliage of the summer solstice & supermoon. The resulting photo story is of a dark beauty. See the full spread on www.northbound.com.
All clothing available at Northbound Leather.
Make-up by Bronwen Weiderick.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage for the jewellery.
Model Stephanie Lyons of Orange Model Management posed as our playful muse for the June edition of the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar. Doesn’t she look like a young Nicole Kidman? She is up in the window of Cabaret Vintage on Queen West now if you’d like a closer look. Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the 2014 calendar available this Fall.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage.