The alluring pin-up Bridgette Jean, true to the weather these days, posed as our smoking hot Ms. July. That caption is cheeky, isn’t it! Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the calendar available in just a fews short months at KingpinChic.
Starring George Giaouris, Skyler Heisenberg, Chanele McCormick, Jessie Yang, Casey Calvert, Laura Martini, Cal Armstrong, Peter Noad, Brandon Wickens, Andrew Coatham, Lord Morpheous, Carol Branning, Amber Fairlie & Bronwen Weiderick.
This past Saturday I staged the sexiest game of Clue to ever be played. The entire event was art directed & photographed by yours truly for the 2013 Northbound Leather Catalogue. The cast was composed of Swedish webcam amazon Skyler, boss lady Laura Martini, porn star Casey Calvert, Chanele the Lolita, exotic beauty model Jessie Y., Grace Jones’ and Tyson Beckford’s chanteuse love child Peter, gentle blue-eyed bear Cal, our angular twink Andrew, & cut personal trainer Brandon. Lord Morpheous, author of “How to Be Kinky” & “How to Be Kinkier,” opened the doors of his impressive penthouse with a panoramic view for the shoot. My awesome beauty team (Bronwen Weiderick & Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon) exceeded all expectations true to form and I couldn’t do it without them. Oh, and that’s George, the owner of Northbound, down in the front there. I think he had a bit of fun too. I am very excited to get the catalogue printed and show off the scintillating scenarios we staged in stunning light. Stay tuned! xo
Presenting the alluring Misha Highstead in April Showers for the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar! The caption reads, “Thought I better dress this way in case I got wet!” Saucy minx. Thanks again to the awesome team: Amber Fairlie from The Manor Salon on hair, Bronwen Weiderick on Make-Up and Jonathan Hagey styling. Look out for Misha exposed in the R-rated calendar version coming October 2013. xx
Introducing the luscious Ms. February! She will be up in the window at Cabaret Vintage within hours. The caption reads “What I am wearing? Let me paint you a picture.” The R-rated version of this Vargas inspired pin-up calendar will be for sale come October 2013. Thanks to Bronwen Weiderick, Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon and Jonathan Hagey of Kingpin Chic for being such a great team to work with. And of course, our delightful model Emily H.
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
1) Ode to Americana. This fifteen page editorial broke the popularity record this year with 1,010 unique visitors to this blog on April 2 after being published by Complex Magazine.
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
I set out to emulate the photographs of my idol Helmut Newton with the aid of Tania Martins’ immaculate designs for her line Pink Cobra. CONTRA Magazine published the final spread.
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!