Like a scene out of a movie, the Soho House put on a life drawing event with lovely models, good light and plenty of vino. It was a peaceful evening of creativity and exploration. This is some of what I saw. x
Marilyn Monroe’s marriage to Joe Demaggio was the inspiration for our Ms. September calendar girl at Kingpin Chic. With the Jays season coming to a close it is only appropriate to show off this luxe silk vintage baseball jersey now available at Kingpin Hideaway. The 2014 calendars will soon be on sale so be sure to pick one up for your loved one as a Christmas stocking stuffer. Watch Dailytoole for the launch details. x
Shot on location @ Cabaret Vintage.
The alluring pin-up Bridgette Jean, true to the weather these days, posed as our smoking hot Ms. July. That caption is cheeky, isn’t it! Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the calendar available in just a fews short months at KingpinChic.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage.
Model Stephanie Lyons of Orange Model Management posed as our playful muse for the June edition of the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar. Doesn’t she look like a young Nicole Kidman? She is up in the window of Cabaret Vintage on Queen West now if you’d like a closer look. Be sure to pick up your copy of the R-rated version of the 2014 calendar available this Fall.
Special thanks to Cabaret Vintage.
Introducing everybody’s new favourite model Dorothy L. posing as Ms. May for the Kingpin Chic 2014 Pin-Up Calendar! Get your copy of the R-rated version of the calendar coming out in October of this year. Great thanks to our stellar creative team Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon and Bronwen Weiderick on make-up. Check out Ms. May in person up in the window now of Cabaret Vintage on Queen Street West. Photography by Jennifer Toole.
Presenting the alluring Misha Highstead in April Showers for the Kingpin Chic Pin-Up Calendar! The caption reads, “Thought I better dress this way in case I got wet!” Saucy minx. Thanks again to the awesome team: Amber Fairlie from The Manor Salon on hair, Bronwen Weiderick on Make-Up and Jonathan Hagey styling. Look out for Misha exposed in the R-rated calendar version coming October 2013. xx
Photography by Jennifer Toole.
Shot on location at Cabaret Vintage.
Introducing the luscious Ms. February! She will be up in the window at Cabaret Vintage within hours. The caption reads “What I am wearing? Let me paint you a picture.” The R-rated version of this Vargas inspired pin-up calendar will be for sale come October 2013. Thanks to Bronwen Weiderick, Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon and Jonathan Hagey of Kingpin Chic for being such a great team to work with. And of course, our delightful model Emily H.
Photo by www.jennifertoole.com.
It has been a little over a year since I cut all external ties and focused 100% of my energy on growing my photography business. I am happy to report that it has been a year full of milestones, hard work and lessons learned. Here are the top ten highlights of Photography Career Year One, 2012:
I had the pleasure of working with Kania Couture on their upcoming campaign with young supermodel Herieth Paul. Kania has been a wonderful client and I am very grateful for their continued support. Kania’s designer Stacey Martins has been blessed with the best gift for 2013, a little munchkin! Congrats and the best of health to you and your family! xo
3) Tala Berkes Editorial Published in ELLE Canada.The supremely talented young designer Tala Berkes asked me to shoot her Ryerson Masters Collection for a feature in the July issue of ELLE Canada. Such vision and execution are rare in fashion these days and I hope to work with Tala again in the near future.
4) Hot Girl Boudoir Photography Service: An Interview. It was a real treat to be interviewed for an article on my boudoir photography by Patti the Precocious Guru for entertainment website Mommy’s Dirty Little Secret. We really got down to the nitty gritty underbelly of an interesting line of work.
5) Kingpin Pin-Up Calendar Project.Partnering up with Kingpin Chic on a 2014 Vargas-inspired pin-up calendar has been a load of fun thus far and we’re only just getting started. We are shooting a girl a month in clothes and out of them. The tame versions of the photos are presented as window dressing teasers while the scandalous versions will be revealed in the calendar’s release in October 2013. Look out for Ms. January next week!
7) Paradise Island. In an editorial spread featuring Tosca Delfino swimwear our crew flew down to Atlantis, Paradise Island for a week of fun in the sun and fashion photography. Complex Magazine published the final spread. Special thanks to supermodel Kali’i Dixon for coming along for the ride.
8) Boudoir On Brass. This special photo event series with Brass Vixens has been such a treat thus far! I have to mention the refreshing confidence and uncanny strength of the girls who have come out to the last two events. You have inspired me. Also, I am now having you all sign wavers relieving me of any heart attacks caused by the photos you’ve been gifting. Look out for the Valentine’s Day edition! xo
9) Thanks to all my Boudoir Clients.I feel very lucky to be in this line of work. Keep it coming, ladies! I love you all. xo
10) Daytripper.This editorial started off as a blind trek to Hamilton with zero expectations to shoot a model I had never met before for a David Hamilton inspired creative. Upon our arrival we immediately ditched all of our plans and dove into the fantasy world that is Lara Kruzins. Daytripper is one of my favourite editorials of 2012. It was published by Photographer & Muse.
***** I especially want to thank my team for doing such awesome work this year and continuing to be up for any challenge. Bronwen Weiderick, Megan Ann Wilson & Amber Fairlie I couldn’t do it without you. *****
On a side note, I got to kidnap and torture Down With Webster in their music video for Jessica this year and, although it isn’t related to my photography business, it was definitely a highlight. Check it out!