I am so stoked to announce my new representation by Agency Arts in L.A.! Take a peek at the roster HERE. All west coast inquiries can now be forwarded to email@example.com. Stay blessed. xo
Tag Archives: L.A.
Herself.com in the News
In the wake of the launch of Herself.com, which went live on January 10th, over 3000 women have emailed to participate in the project. What an extraordinary response! It’s time to take Herself on the road and make sure each and every woman gets to share her story. Thank you all for your support!
Caitlin published a new addition to the site today. Her name is Aniela. Click the photo below to be directed to her interview.
The international press has been quite good to Herself following the launch. Here are is a small round-up of articles featuring the site:
How Caitlin Stasey’s NSFW Website Is Moving Feminism Forward – TIME Magazine
Reign’s Caitlin Stasey Urges Women to ‘Reclaim Our Bodies’ on Nude Feminist Website – People Magazine
Caitlin Stasey Launches Feminist Nudity Website Called Herself – Glamour Magazine
Women Are Posing Naked To Reclaim Their Bodies – Buzzfeed
Laid bare: Former Neighbours star and feminist Caitlin Stasey poses full frontal nude for the launch of her female-empowerment website Herself – Daily Mail
Caitlin Stasey dons Free The Nipple T-shirt with breasts drawn on at launch of her female-empowerment website Herself after posing for full frontal – Daily Mail UK
This Actress Just Launched The Most Important NSFW Website I’ve Seen – Upworthy
caitlin stasey is reclaiming the female body by publishing her own naked photos on the internet – i-D Magazine
On Actress Caitlin Stasey’s Herself.com, Women Pose Nude To Reclaim Their Bodies – Huffington Post UK
We Talked to Actress Caitlin Stasey About Female Masturbation and Hollywood’s Sexist Bullshit – VICE
Caitlin Stasey: ‘Reign’ Star Posts Nude Pics On Her New Feminism Website – Hollywood Life
Why ex Neighbours actress Caitlin Stasey launched feminist website Herself.com – Daily Life
Herself.com Moves Feminism in the Right Direction – The State Press
Nude portrait series brainchild of Toronto photographer – Blog TO
Caitlin Stasey Goes Full Frontal For New Feminist Website – Oyster Mag
Actress Launches Artful NSFW Website to Empower Women – AP’s Pro Photo Daily
Thank you, thank you, thank you. xo
Ex-Wives of Rock: Season Three
A couple weeks back in L.A. I had the pleasure of shooting Athena, Blue, Bobbie & Sharise, collectively the Ex-Wives of Rock, for the SLICE Network. We had a glamourous/hilarious time on set with these babes rocking out and posing up a storm. I am so stoked to have been a part of this project! It feels especially great to have broken my ‘studio shoot in L.A.’ cherry with such a bunch of hotties. Here’s to many more! Ex-Wives of Rock Season Three airs every Sunday at 8PM on SLICE. The Globe & Mail just published an article about the girls that’s a great and quick read. Take a look HERE. xo #EWR3
Dailytoole 2013 Highlights!!!!!
Happy New Year pals!!! 2013 has made a bonafide hustler out of me. Working full-time as a freelance photographer has been the most challenging and most exhilarating experience of my life thus far and I don’t expect it to get any easier as the business grows. I am very proud and grateful to be embarking upon year three. There is still so much to learn and there is a lot to look forward to. As we settle into the eve of 2013 here are the top ten highlights of Dailytoole this year:
1) Northbound Leather CatalogueThe beautiful people behind Northbound Leather have been a total delight to work with this year. In addition to the monthly fashion features I shot for the brand, I also art directed and shot their 2014 catalogue. With nine amazing models, the best beauty team in town, the help of some family and friends we made a sophisticated and sexy catalogue for the brand that I think is my best work to date. I am very much looking forward to working more in-depth with Northbound in 2014 and taking the brand to new and exciting places.
2) Soho House Toronto ResidencyMy photographer’s residence at Soho House Toronto took me to some very interesting events this year. There were a handful of vibrant parties, a feature on sister design team Beaufille, author readings, culinary experiences, rooftop markets and more. The event that really took the cake at the house this year though was their life drawing evening. The soft, directional lighting, supple models, intent participants and flowing wine turned the main floor into a Baroque painting. It was a luscious feast for the senses. The house has had an amazing first year in the city and I expect it will only become more of an influential space for creative minds as it evolves.
3) PARISGoing to Paris on a work assignment was definitely a high priority on my bucket list and, thanks to a high-end travel and event photography client, I got to cross it off my list this year. The job took me to Paris, Champagne and Versailles. I had the incredible privilege of exploring the Louvre after hours and spent a good fifteen minutes alone with the Mona Lisa. Dreams really do come true! Here’s to 2014 bringing more travel & event photography opportunities like this unforgettable experience.
4) David Bowie AGO Exhibit OpeningThe lovely folks at Arthouse had me out to cover the AGO opening of the incredible David Bowie Exhibit and the subsequent after party at The Templar Hotel. It was a star-studded event with Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust era photographer Mick Rock in attendance, and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield performing a moving rendition of Bowie’s Space Oddity. It was an evening of Toronto at it’s best and I was thrilled to play my paparazzi part.
5) MTCKMTCK were the first ever to hire me as a photographer back in 2010. It gives me great pleasure that as my business has grown their music is reaching an ever widening audience. We shot this series for their new album art at The Drake Hotel. It is one of my most favourite shoots to date.
6) Kania F/W2014Kania Couture has been a loyal client of mine for quite a few years now. We featured Asia V. as the face of the F/W2014 line which we shot in Toronto’s Distillery District. Stacey, Kania’s incredible designer, is such a delight to work with. I love to see young, entrepreneurial women achieving such high levels of success. Keep up the great work!
7) L’Oreal Colour Trophy Competition w. The Manor SalonWith Amber Fairlie of The Manor Salon at the reigns, Bronwen Weiderick on make-up and myself behind the lens we put forward our best hair look modelled by the ever ethereal Natalie Sirianni for the L’Oreal Colour Competition. We were very proud to represent the smallest salon to make it to the semi-finals. Let’s go for the win next year!
8) Fashion Series FeatureFashion Series did a feature article on my fashion photography in their aSymmetry issue this year. It is always flattering to have a publication take an interest your work. The interview was published alongside my fashion editorial entitled “Arinna Rises,” modelled by Kadri Hansen, styled by Megan Ann Wilson with hair and make-up by Bronwen Weiderick.
9) L.A.This year I finally broke the border barrier and worked for the first time in the states. The American Film Market had me down to L.A. to shoot a couple of red carpet events. A lot of doors opened up on that reconnaissance mission and I hope to work there a lot more in 2014.
10) www.jennifertoole.comIt has been a bit of a process honing my own personal style of photography and figuring out how to best put my work forward. It is all most certainly still a work in progress, but the newest version of www.jennifertoole.com is headed in the right direction. I am aiming to focus on fashion, event and portrait photography in 2014. Please take a look at the new site and let me know what you think.
Moving into 2014 I have a few projects on the rise. I am extremely excited to continue working with Northbound Leather. There is a larger artistic project in development that I am hoping to put on my fourth photography show with. Stay tuned for more info on that in the coming months. My team and I are also in the midst of planning a creative for submission to Vogue Italia which is an unparalleled opportunity. All in all, 2014 is looking like the best yet. Happy New Years everybody!
P.S. Special thanks to my make-up artist and right-hand babe in most shoots, Bronwen Weiderick. She is simply the best. xo
P.P.S. On a side note, I starred in the Mooseknuckle F/W2013 campaign commercial by the awesome production team at 1188 Films. Check it out!
I am very pleased to announce the launch of my new and improved website today! Along with a super user-friendly layout and simple yet elegant design are a ton more of my photos on display as well as some of my event coverage and new information. Please do check it out @ www.jennifertoole.com. x